Baking Christmas cookies is one of my all time fave ways to ring in the holiday season. Sharing 5 easy cookie recipes today!Read More
Tis the season for yummy, festive holiday drankity dranks!
Christmas is (ALMOST) here! If you're a last minute person, like me, you may or may not be scrambling for a fun recipe to offer for the many holiday and family gatherings that you'll be attending/hosting. Here is a festive holiday drink to spice things up at any Christmas/ NYE party.... or just because. I mean what screams "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" more than a festive Moscow mule?!
Ingredients: (usually estimates, I hate measuring)
- 1/4 cup gin or vodka (I used Gin)
- 1/2 can ish gingerale
- 1/4 cup of cranberry juice
- squeeze some fresh lime
- cranberries for garnish
- 1/2 of a rosemary sprig for garnish
- 1 Copper Mug w/ ice
- orange slice
- lime slice for garnish
Happy holidays! Enjoy!
Happy Friday beautiful people!!! The weekend is finally here. Today I'm sharing my flour-less, chocolate chip & peanut butter cookies!! NOMZ. I created this recipe by lots of trial and error. The first time they were way too dry, the next time, way too thin. So after a few tries, I think I've finally found a recipe I like. And there's no flour, so that means they're healthy... right?! ;) If you try making these cookies, let me know how they turn out! I'd love to hear from you in the comments below. Also, I'm obsessed with this tank from graydoorboutique.com. It's super comfy and makes me feel happy just wearing it! Cookies and a cute tank, perfect combo for a happy Friday. Have a great weekend! Link and recipe below!
digging for the shell because I ALWAYS drop a piece :( #help
can't resist the dough
I rarely bake exactly by a recipe because I'm not patient enough and just like to eyeball things..... but this time I tried to measure and below is what I came up with.. approximately
1/4 cup butter- I use smart balance- it's a dairy free "butter"
1/2 cup natural peanut butter... and like a tablespoon more :) I like my PB
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt... unless your peanut butter is really salty then adjust according to taste
2 cups of oats
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 ish? cups of chocolate chips... however much chocolate you like!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, and egg until smooth
- Add oats and baking soda, then stir in the chocolate chips
- Place on a pan... I have found that mine don't spread out when baking? So I place them pretty close together.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes and then let cool.
I over bake EVERYTHING so I only bake for 9 minutes so they are still super soft
Lately, I have been soooo into homemade pizza. I love how fresh and flavorful it is. Also, it's super easy to make. By the time our oven is finished pre-heating, I've already finished prepping the pizza and I can just throw it in. I made this for the first time when I had my sister and her boyfriend over for dinner and they loved it so it's basically been a staple meal in our home ever since! Can't get enough!! Enjoy, xo.
What you'll need:
- crust: I prefer thin
- olive oil
- fresh mozzarella
- a couple tomatoes
- fresh basil
- basil seasoning
- preheat oven to 350
- spread a layer of olive oil over crust
- slice cheese in slices and cover crust
- slice tomatoes in thin slices and place desired amount over cheese
- cut basil and place desired amount on pizza
- cook for 8-9 minutes- I like mine a little crispy
- sprinkle salt and basil
- ENJOY THE ZA!
I honestly think there is no better way to start your day than with a smoothie. It's healthy, refreshing, and sets the tone for the rest of your day. Let's be real. I'm probably not going to eat two leaves of kale throughout my day. But if it is chopped up and blended into my fruit smoothie, I get all the nutritional benefits and I can't even taste the greens! I have been drinking green smoothies for a few years now, so usually I can handle more greens. This is a good smoothie for those of you who are new to the smoothie game and the thought of swallowing down kale might gross you out. I promise, you really won't taste it and you can always start off with less. If this STILL scares you, throw some Greek yogurt in your smoothie or swap the kale for spinach. This will help your smoothie taste a little less bitter and ease you into the world of green smoothies.
What you'll need:
about a 1 1/2 cups of frozen fruit- I have frozen strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries (great combo)
2 leaves of kale
1 1/2 bananas
1 cup of water
- Remove the stem from the kale and chop into tiny pieces
- Blend the kale and water for about 30-45 seconds until it is completely liquid. This will ensure there are no leaves in your smoothie.
- Add the bananas and blend for another 30-45 seconds until creamy
- Finally, add the frozen fruit. Hopefully by this time the fruit has melted a tad, making it easier to blend. You might need to stop the blender, stir, and continue blending a few times to make sure all of the frozen fruit is completely blended
- Drink right away to get the optimal nutrients from your smoothie! Don't re-freeze or save for later
Hope you enjoy this recipe! More to come :)