When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... or make a blog and call it Lemon Blonde!
Hey guys! My name is Kathleen Post and I'm a 25 year old living in Indianapolis. I created this blog as a place to share my passion for hair, makeup, fashion and all of life's frivolous joys. In August of 2015 I had just graduated college with a degree in marketing and I was two months into my first REAL job. I quickly realized that sitting in an office from 8-5 wasn't the most thrilling activity and I desperately needed a creative outlet. I wanted to feel like I was working towards something bigger than my 8-5 and exploring something that excited me. Blogging and growing a social media presence has given me a way to share my interests with so many likeminded readers and followers. It's been so fun to post daily outfit photos on my Instagram and share these passions with all of you. It's taken a ton of hard work, time, and consistency, but I'm so happy that blogging is now my full-time job and I can truly do what I love.
I'm a christian and I truly believe that in the big scheme of things, none of this stuff really matters. The hair, the makeup, the clothes... it's all meaningless and we aren't taking it with us when we die. BUT I also believe that God wants us to enjoy our lives here on earth. He created us to have passions, interests, hobbies, creativity, talents, etc. We should all do the things that make us happy and spark joy and passion in our hearts. So as long as those things don't come between me and God, I'm going to continue to have fun with them. It's a balance and it's important to not get caught up in all this material "stuff", but it's also fun to enjoy the things in life that make us happy and give us confidence. I hope that this blog inspires you to try something new and gives you the courage to look and feel your best.
For those of you who are new here, HI! I'm excited to be friends. Here's a few quick facts about me!
1. I created this blog a couple months after graduating college because I was B O R E D and uninspired at my first "big girl job". I've always loved fashion and wanted a creative outlet to share that passion with you all! At the start of this year, I took on blogging as my full-time job. It's a hustle and so much work but I LOVE it!
2. I got married when I was 22 (literally right after college) to my husband (Cort) who I've known since 6th grade. We went to the same middle school and high school but didn't really become friends until senior year of high school. We dated all throughout college and he proposed our senior year!
3. I'm a christian and my faith is a huge part of my life. I'm definitely not perfect and I mess up everyday but try my best to live my life for God.
4. I've lived in Indiana most of my life but last year we moved out to LA for my husband's job and lived there for about a year until his old office recruited him back. Now we're back here in Indianapolis and so happy about it! We love it here!
5. We're currently in the process of building a house! We should be moving in sometime SOON! I am obsessed with decorating and can't wait to show you guys every detail! eeks!
6. I went to Indiana University and studied Marketing in the Business School. I actually love the business aspect of blogging and am so thankful that I studied marketing in school. I was a competitive cheerleader at Indiana University and cheered for basketball and football as well! Go Hoosiers!
7. A lot of you guys ask about my hair... I've never dyed, highlighted, bleached, or done anything to my hair professionally or on my own. It's naturally super blonde and I use Sun-In to lighten it throughout the year. I have a curling tutorial on my IG highlights, and a whole blog post about my hair color on my blog under Hair and Beauty.
8. I have a major sweet tooth and looooove ice cream. Of course, I love the fancy, expensive ice cream... but my guilty pleasure is a Cotton Candy Blizzard from DQ! Sometimes cheap soft serve is the best!!
Okay I think that covers all of the main topics! Welcome to Lemon Blonde. I hope you enjoy the content here!